Saturday, August 9, 2008

School's in!

Our homeschooling year will be starting on Monday! I've never been one to follow the school calendar, but this year will be something a little different. I'm new to this state and this will be my first year using a supervising teacher. I've been a bit nervous about this, because while my curriculum is challenging and my kids test above grade level, it really doesn't work for us to have a lot of papers, so I'm worried what this lady will think about that. My oldest learns best when we both read a book and discuss it. He also branches out on his own, finding connections and reading about them until he finds himself in a whole other subject area. I don't want to discourage that in any way or fill up time he would spend on these pursuits with unnecessary busywork. My youngest son, on the other hand, is a very logical person. He wants exact answers to everything. So with him, the fill-in-the-blanks type of work matches his style.

My oldest will be doing driver's ed this year! He has to go to the local school for several 6:30am classes. Won't that be fun! LOL Good thing we live very close. I need to get out and drive with him more. He'll need 20 hours driving with me.

No comments: