Monday, August 11, 2008

Postcrossing

I've been doing a new fun thing called postcrossing (from Postcrossing.com). I love to get mail, but I usually only get bills. :( When you sign up for this, you get a random address and send a postcard. You can send up to five at a time. When your postcard is received and registered in the system, your name and address are randomly given to someone else, and they send you a card. So far, I've sent more than I received, but it's still fun. I've received four cards - two from within the US, one from Taiwan, and one from Finland. I've sent cards to Germany, Finland, Portugal, the Netherlands, the UK, and within the US. I'm going to get a photo album just for the postcards I receive. There is some expense, because you have to buy the postcards and stamps (it's currently 94 cents to send internationally), but I am enjoying it and think it's worth it. Sometimes people mention in their profile what type of cards they like to receive, but I generally send local landscapes of Iowa. Some of the people have asked to become pen pals as well. Just another thing to have some fun with and learn about people and places all over the world! :)

No comments: