Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Does your life ever resemble a bad commercial?

Sue is so happy. Look at her clean, spotless kitchen. Sue reaches to empty her trash bag and look how easy and effortlessly the clean, strong bag comes out. And it has those handy top ties, too! But what about Jane? Jane bought those bargain bags (camera cuts to scene of Jane removing her bag and trash spilling everywhere). Jane sits in the middle of the trash and starts to cry.

I'm "Jane" lol. I'm taking out my trash this morning and find out that the bottom of the bag is not even sealed together. Dirty, wet kitchen trash everywhere! Yep, I bought that roll of bargain bags. So I reach for another to put the mess in. It's sealed on both ends. Won't open. Well, let's try the next one, shall we? It comes completely apart into a flat piece of plastic. (sigh) Third time HAS to be charm, right? YAY!!! A functioning bag. So I proceed to put all the trash (and the non-working bags) in there. Okay, now I need a new one to line the trash can. Next one doesn't open on either end. Are we seeing a pattern here? Yep, two more and I had a properly functioning bag to line the trash can. It's too early in the morning for this. Next time I'm buying the brand name! Maybe I need to go back to bed ...

No comments: